Not surprisingly, the atheist blogosphere has been buzzing about these various statements and their implications. This has been an unusually busy week at work, and I am way behind on my reading. I haven't had any time to seek out posts on the topic, so I thought I'd share those that have turned up in my feed and that I have had a chance to read.
- I Support Atheist Ireland Against Paul Zachary Myers' Behavior (Avant Garde)
- Skeptic group publicly shuns PZ Myers for 'harmful and hateful rhetoric' (Our Daily Train)
- Atheist Ireland "Publicly Dissociates" from Blogger PZ Myers (Friendly Atheist)
- Atheist Ireland denounces PZ Myers (What Would JT Do?)
- Why Atheist Ireland's Dissociation From PZ Myers is Important (Humanisticus)
- PZ is Not the Problem (Background Probability)
- The Perils of P.Z. (The Prussian)
- Confessions of a Tone Troll, Redux (The Lateral Truth)
My guess is that we will see more people weighing in on this subject. While it does not surprise me that PZ has become the central figure here, I do think that some of the questions being raised and debated are much larger than him or any other one person. We have many options for dealing with bad ideas, and some appear to be far more consistent with freethought than others. This is a topic I have taken up recently and will continue to explore as I find the time to do so.
Update: I've added a few more posts on the subject to the list above.
Subscribe to Atheist Revolution