|Fred Phelps at his pulpit: August 4, 2002 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
I have written about Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church here a few times, but I decided not to comment on the news that Phelps was dying or his death. I suppose I did not feel like I had much to add to what had already been said. That hasn't changed.
Here is a collection of what others in the online atheist community have written on the subject so far:
- Former Westboro Baptist Church Member Lauren Drain’s Statement About Fred Phelps
- Why I'm Not Celebrating the Recent News About Fred Phelps
- Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps is dead
- When Fred Phelps Dies, Let’s Do Nothing
- The Strange Life of Fred Phelps
- Fred Phelps has Died...
- A Note On Some Responses To Fred Phelps Dying
- Fred Phelps is dead
- A Few Interesting Things About Fred Phelps’ Death
- Phelps is dead, hate lives on
- Fred Phelps on the verge of death. I’ll be glad he’s gone, and that’s where it stops for me
- Please Don’t Plan to Picket Fred Phelps’ Funeral
- Has His Legacy Of Hate Caught Up With Fred Phelps?
- The Lessons of My Father – Nathan Phelps Speaks Out on Fred Phelps’ Death
Subscribe to Atheist Revolution