Image via CrunchBaseThis post is not about installing the Intense Debate commenting system on your blog (if you have one). Instead, it is about why those of you commenting on this and countless other blogs which use Intense Debate should create an Intense Debate account. I know most of you already have such an account, but for those who do not, I am going to give you some reasons to do so.
Here are some of the benefits of creating an Intense Debate account from the perspective of anyone leaving comments on the many blogs which use Intense Debate:
- You get to have a custom avatar.
- You can set up a custom profile to direct others to your blog, Twitter account, website, or whatever you want.
- You can leave comments via e-mail.
- If you use Twitter, you can have Intense Debate automatically tweet when you leave a comment.
- Those who value your contributions can subscribe to an RSS feed of your comments on all Intense Debate blogs.
- You can develop an online reputation as a worthwhile commenter by letting you build a reputation score based on your comments across the blogosphere. You'll see a number in highlighted yellow next to the avatars of those who have accounts. Those with higher numbers have received more thumbs-up votes on their comments.
- You make it more difficult for others to impersonate you, leaving comments under your preferred handle.
Subscribe to Atheist Revolution