2016 has been a rough year in many ways, but that doesn't mean that nothing good came out of it. The atheist blogosphere continued to generate thought-provoking posts for us to read. I think it is safe to say that we witnessed some push back against left-wing authoritarianism from those who still value Enlightenment principles like freethought, reason, and the free expression of ideas. That such efforts would be necessary is disappointing, but I cannot help feeling somewhat encouraged that we are seeing them.
To generate this year's list of the most popular posts, I opted to use the same methodology I did for last year's year-end post. Specifically, I generated a Google Analytics report to show the posts written during the year with the most pageviews. This has the advantage of omitting posts written prior to 2016 which continued to generate lots of pageviews during 2016.
Here are the 10 most popular posts at Atheist Revolution written during 2016:
- The Regressive Left
- The Most Common Misconception About Atheism
- The No-Platforming of Richard Dawkins
- The Opposition to #BlackLivesMatter
- Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris 'Have Awful Reputations for Misogyny'
- A New Year's Resolution for 2016
- Why I Don't Donate to the Salvation Army
- I Don't Want to Be An Atheist Anymore
- The Implications of Recognizing That Atheism is Not a Choice
- When Atheists Read the Christian Bible