So here is what I think should be the main content areas to include in a brief, informative, and enforceable anti-harassment policy:
- A concise definition of what is meant by harassment (i.e., applicable to harassment at large and not only sexual harassment), using behavioral terms if possible.
- A clear statement that the behavior described above will not be tolerated at this particular event.
- A brief description of what someone should do if they believe they have been a victim of harassment at this event, including who they should inform.
- A brief description of the consequences of harassment at the event (i.e., a statement that persons found to have harassed attendees will be dealt with in a particular manner).
- Some sort of statement about how false reports will be handled.
Subscribe to Atheist Revolution