- Bay Minette, Alabama is giving non-violent offenders the chance to get out of jail if only they attend church. while I certainly agree that church is punishment, states are not supposed to be in the business of promoting religion.
- The state of Georgia murdered Troy Davis even though there were far more questions than answers about his guilt.
- The San Diego City Council gave taxpayer money to support a local evangelical event, violating California's constitution.
- CNN dignifies the absurd idea that people are visited by ghosts of deceased loved ones with uncritical coverage.
- The American Family Association is upset with Ben & Jerry's newest flavor of ice cream.
There are good reasons why most of the civilized world has abandoned state-sanctioned murder. Why the U.S. clings to this cruel and unusual punishment is beyond me. And yet, I cannot help thinking that it has something to do with the fundamentalist Christianity that flourishes here like flies on excrement.
H/Ts to Friendly Atheist and The Lucky Atheist.
Subscribe to Atheist Revolution