This Christian church in Florida has the right to burn whatever they want as long as it is theirs to burn. Let them burn the Quran. It is just a book. And let Muslims burn the Christian bible if they want. It too is just a book.
Assuming that Rick Sanchez is interested in not sounding like such a moron in the future, here are some points from the video he should review:
- It doesn't matter how many Muslims there are in the world. This is not relevant to this argument at all. Numbers do not bring with them a right not to be offended.
- The Quran is not sacred; it is a book. The Christian bible is not sacred; it is a book. Burning a book one owns is about as far from burning someone else's house as possible.
- This church is burning the Quran to make a statement. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?
- Islam is a violent religion. How is this even in dispute. Christianity is also a violent religion.
- Why do we defend oppression, Rick? That was a good question, and you dodged it completely.
- How does this guy "do Christians a disservice" in any way? He is saying what many of them believe.
Yeah, I get it. This Florida pastor is more than a little cooky if he thinks his preferred religion is superior to the other guy's. I'm not defending anything about what he believes. However, I will certainly defend his right to burn any "holy" book he chooses. If Rick has such a problem with what he's doing, maybe he shouldn't have given him a national platform.
H/T to Atheist Media BlogSubscribe to Atheist Revolution