In the first part of this series, I focused on some of the more important tips for getting one's atheist blog off the ground (i.e., monitoring blog traffic, using Technorati, joining the Atheist Blogroll, posting frequently, and understanding the benefits of blog carnivals). Now that you're doing those things, it is time to take your blog to the next level.
The following suggestions are designed to bring more traffic to your blog, make sure you are reaching your audience, protecting your content, and encouraging commenting and discussion by your readers.
- Consider when you are publishing your posts, paying attention to the location of your key audience and the time of day.
- Get on Twitter and use it to promote your blog and connect with others in the atheist community.
- Use StumbleUpon effectively to drive traffic to your blog.
- Protect your content, and do not make the mistake of plagiarizing from others.
- Upgrade your blog's default commenting system. I've been happy with Intense Debate.
This should keep you busy for awhile. More tips are on the way, so stay tuned.
Subscribe to Atheist Revolution