What's the big deal about Erickson, and why isn't he just another blogger to be put on air by a major news network? As Media Matters has so effectively summarized, Erickson has a long history of making the sort of inflammatory comments that we need less of on cable news. Examples include:
- Defending Glenn Beck's claims that Obama is a "racist" and elaborating on them in an even more over-the-top manner than Beck did
- Calling for a boycott of all the companies that pulled ads from Beck's vile show
- Writing posts with titles like "Is Obama Shagging Hookers Behind the Media's Back?"
- Describing retired Supreme Court justice Souter as a "goat fucking child molester" simply because he disagreed with his politics
- Defending Dan Riehl for suggesting that Sen. Reid's wife should be euthanized
- Insisting that Obama's Nobel Peace Prize was "an affirmative action quota"
H/T to Dispatches From the Culture Wars
Subscribe to Atheist Revolution
Technorati Tags: extremism, media, CNN, Erick Erickson