Image by stevegarfield via FlickrLate last month, Bligbi wrote a great post titled "What century do we live in again?" I don't know about you, but I find myself asking that question every time I open a paper, watch a news program on TV, or get my fix of news from multiple sources on the Internet. Increasingly, I find myself feeling embarrassed for humanity. I know we can do better than this, and I am becoming increasingly impatient that we refuse to do so.
Here are some quick examples of what I'm talking about:
- Texas school suspends teacher after a parent accused him of being an atheist
- Christian extremist in Colorado murders Catholic for not being sufficiently Christian
- Virginia public school pressures employee to participate in Christian activities
- Under the guise of news, Fox spreads hatred of atheists
- Pope welcomes Holocaust denier