In organizing the following tips, I am going to assume that you have a relatively new atheist blog and that you are interested in building your readership. Away we go!
- Install a good system for monitoring traffic to your blog. I cannot overstate the importance of this as an initial step. Without this in place, you have no way to analyze your traffic, learn where it is coming from, monitor the success of various strategies for building readership, etc.
- Add your blog to Technorati and start using Technorati tags on every post.
- Join the Atheist Blogroll.
- Write at least one post per day. I know not everyone will agree, but I consider this to be the single most important thing for a new blog to do in order to build readership.
- Learn about blog carnivals and submit your best posts to an appropriate blog carnival.
Subscribe to Atheist Revolution