Why would Palin be so bad for America in general and American atheists in particular? As I have previously explained:
- She has connections to dominionist groups, including Joel's Army.
- She believes creationism should be taught in schools.
- She believes religious leaders should be able to endorse political candidates.
- She strongly opposes reproductive freedom for women and wants to ban abortion even in cases of rape or incest.
- The leading Christian extremist groups support her.
Other than voting against her, what else can you do? First, if Sarah Palin does not speak for you, join me in signing this letter from People for the American Way saying so. Next, keep blogging about her and what she would mean for America. Much has been made about how Palin will help rally the Christian extremist base around McSame. Well, Palin can do that for us too - she has already convinced me that this election is far more important than I previously realized.
Subscribe to Atheist Revolution